Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's Clay Aiken Fan Discussion Forums - News, Tours, Events, Photos & Message Board
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

1084 Pages V « < 271 272 273 274 275 > »    ( Goto last unread Go to first unread post )
( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Danielle Bradbery Fan Thread, #TeamBlake
Spurrious
post Sep 14th 2013, 10:51 AM
Post #5441

The Voice of Reason

Group: NX Premium Subscribers

Fav. AI1: Kelly Clarkson
Fav. The Voice: Danielle

QUOTE(season1 @ Sep 14th 2013, 11:14 AM) *

You got sources too? w00t.gif Share? (pm if you can't post the convo here) icecream.gif

BTW, speaking of radio, what's up with your station WCOS? They're playing THOD a few times for the last couple of weeks but still no ADD? (see the list I posted last night) Maybe you can nudge them a bit with a friendly phone call? tongue.gif

Did you HAVE to bring that up? That is like an itch I can't scratch. Look at their "top songs this week" playlist. Tell me what the #2 song on that list is. argh.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Sep 14th 2013, 10:51 AM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

season1
post Sep 14th 2013, 11:08 AM
Post #5442

Group: Members

QUOTE(Spurrious @ Sep 14th 2013, 10:51 AM) *

Did you HAVE to bring that up? That is like an itch I can't scratch. Look at their "top songs this week" playlist. Tell me what the #2 song on that list is. argh.gif

haha.gif Sorry to bring that up... well WKML here added the song a month or so ago yet I have not heard them play THOD yet angry.gif And WQDR is Scotty radio so no chance for ADD or spin on that station anytime soon blarg.gif

And WOW that list looks nice thumbsup.gif I guess it's better to spin and not add, than add and not spin stuart.gif

--------------------
IPB ImageIPB Image
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Spurrious
post Sep 14th 2013, 11:39 AM
Post #5443

The Voice of Reason

I've had to look at that list for two weeks now. THOD was #7 three weeks ago. They are trying to make me crazy....er...crazier. original.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Brad Bery
post Sep 14th 2013, 12:17 PM
Post #5444

QUOTE(almondbee @ Sep 14th 2013, 8:53 AM) *

Danielle performing The Heart Of Dixie at Blake's concert last night:

I love that the back up singer is clapping at the end......she got to sing with Danielle Bradbery!

--------------------
+Quote Post
BlownAwayByDB
post Sep 14th 2013, 12:26 PM
Post #5445

QUOTE(Spurrious @ Sep 14th 2013, 11:06 AM) *

I know this is going to sound odd because I can not say who told it to me. Let's just say a radio person told me. That conversation leads me to believe there are more players than just Big Machine in this "plan".

It doesn't surprise me. Not because I have secret sources, but I've been called the "master of the obvious". The obvious? Big Machine has a stable of high powered performers Danielle could tour with yet..... Sony Music Nashville's Brad Paisley it is. That puts SMN squarely in the Danielle Bradbery promotion game.

Brad and Danielle will be accompanied by Chris Young (another SMN artist - leaving Danielle the odd one out). It seemed strange to me the moment I heard she would be touring with Brad. A closer look at the SMN label reveals other artists that could have influence on such a decision. Carrie Underwood, Miranda Lambert and Sara Evans. Pure speculation on my part, but it offers a possible explanation for how Danielle ended up on tour with SMN performers Paisley and Young and not BMR.

This post has been edited by BlownAwayByDB: Sep 14th 2013, 1:07 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Brad Bery
post Sep 14th 2013, 12:28 PM
Post #5446

QUOTE(season1 @ Sep 14th 2013, 11:08 AM) *

haha.gif Sorry to bring that up... well WKML here added the song a month or so ago yet I have not heard them play THOD yet angry.gif And WQDR is Scotty radio so no chance for ADD or spin on that station anytime soon blarg.gif

And WOW that list looks nice thumbsup.gif I guess it's better to spin and not add, than add and not spin stuart.gif

I don't know anything about radio but it seems to me that adding and not playing might indicate a station bowing to pressure from a big label. Playing without adding seems more like listener, DJ or local station driven. Who decides to add a song? Is it the local station manager or at the corporate level?

--------------------
+Quote Post
xGMANx
post Sep 14th 2013, 12:40 PM
Post #5447

Now here's the video from last night - Blake's Concert - Milwaukee Wisconsin

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
season1
post Sep 14th 2013, 1:35 PM
Post #5448

QUOTE(dbdn @ Sep 14th 2013, 12:28 PM) *

I don't know anything about radio but it seems to me that adding and not playing might indicate a station bowing to pressure from a big label. Playing without adding seems more like listener, DJ or local station driven. Who decides to add a song? Is it the local station manager or at the corporate level?

Not necessarily true -- WKML for example is not part of big corporations like Clear Channel or Cumulus. It is owned by Beasley Broadcasting. They added THOD weeks ago and played it on average 5-6 times a week, but I guess it was during hours I'm not tuned in (like overnight maybe).

The only station that added without playing is KNIX (Phoenix), a Clear Channel station that added THOD back in July yet only played it a couple times during that time. For weeks, it has 0 spins, then today, I saw that it gave the song 3 spins recently. Pressure? Maybe it's time to play more THOD according to Clear Channel directives?

Then there's the case of KILT and KKBQ - her hometown stations? A month ago, they were playing THOD 40-50 times a week, but the last couple of weeks, they just played it 28-35 times, causing THOD to lose a lot of Audience last week. Was that the stations' decision or corporate? KILT is CBS Radio while KKBQ is Cox; KILT plays the song more than KKBQ.

Who decides to add? That's still not clear -- some PDs (program directors) claim their hands are tied, that even though they like a song, HQ dictates what would be part of their playlist. Yet you see some adds that seem to be not in line with HQ actions (like WFMS back in July, a Cumulus station that played the song enough times so it was auto-added). Then you have the "every hour on the hour" deals that some artists get on Clear Channel or Cumulus -- playing the song often even without the adds. Like what happened with Luke Bryan's latest single and the Keith/Miranda duet.

Speaking of Cumulus, several Cumulus stations played the song without adding last week... corporate decision or individual stations just starting to like the song? Who knows and I don't really care, but it's good that they're playing the song more original.gif

This post has been edited by season1: Sep 14th 2013, 1:39 PM

--------------------
IPB ImageIPB Image
+Quote Post
season1
post Sep 14th 2013, 2:11 PM
Post #5449

RECAPS VIA VIDEOS
(h/t: xGMANx, almondbee, JJ22, Drew1903)

Danielle performed "The Heart of Dixie" 4 times during Blake's concerts

Aug 30 - Tampa, FL

Aug 31 - West Palm Beach, FL

Sept 12 - St Paul, MN

Sept 13 - Milwaukee, WI

-----------------

Danielle sang the National Anthem before the Broncos-Ravens Football game last Thursday, Sept 5. Several videos were posted but were removed/blocked. Here's one that Drew recently posted (don't know how long it would stay on YT):

-----------------

Some videos from Danielle's radio tour/concerts recently:

Sept 6: Omaha NE

Sept 13: FM106.1 Milwaukee, WI

--------------------
IPB ImageIPB Image
+Quote Post
xGMANx
post Sep 14th 2013, 2:17 PM
Post #5450

Danielle signing autographs at the airport..

Another video at the Xcel Center with a different perspective of view..

This post has been edited by xGMANx: Sep 14th 2013, 2:23 PM

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Boneyarddog
post Sep 14th 2013, 5:03 PM
Post #5451

From her Twitter:

Danielle Bradbery ‏@DBradbery 4h

So excited to play the @wgty1077 stage at the York County Fair tonight. And I get to play with my entire band!

Personally can't wait to see what she gives us.

--------------------
+Quote Post
season1
post Sep 14th 2013, 5:14 PM
Post #5452

^ Hopefully, we get great videos from tonight's concert at the York Fair original.gif She mentioned in an interview that she'll be singing new songs tonight w00t.gif

Also, I came across this cute article. I don't know if it's been posted yet so apologies in advance if you guys already saw this --

http://buzn1029.cbslocal.com/2013/09/11/da...crush-revealed/

It's about her ringtone and how it reveals her "crush" haha.gif

BTW, on this website of a MN country station, its playlist showed it played THOD today but after midnight...

This post has been edited by season1: Sep 14th 2013, 5:20 PM

--------------------
IPB ImageIPB Image
+Quote Post
Drew1903
post Sep 14th 2013, 5:30 PM
Post #5453

Fav. Danielle Bradbery

QUOTE(season1 @ Sep 14th 2013, 6:14 PM) *

^ Hopefully, we get great videos from tonight's concert at the York Fair original.gif She mentioned in an interview that she'll be singing new songs tonight w00t.gif
Also, I came across this cute article. I don't know if it's been posted yet so apologies in advance if you guys already saw this --

http://buzn1029.cbslocal.com/2013/09/11/da...crush-revealed/

It's about her ringtone and how it reveals her "crush" haha.gif

BTW, on this website of a MN country station, its playlist showed it played THOD today but after midnight...

No worries, but, yes, I did post this 'crush' thing and a few other tidbits I'd found, yesterday. Check 'em out back a page or 2

Some pretty cool stuff

Cheers,
Drew

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
season1
post Sep 14th 2013, 5:59 PM
Post #5454

Snippet of a York Fair performance -- she's singing "Dance Hall" !!! w00t.gif

https://twitter.com/YDRSouthpaw/status/379011908592209920

Patrick Abdalla
@YDRSouthpaw
Danielle Bradbery takes the stage at #yorkfair. Look for the story online in a little bit. http://www.tout.com/m/fsudml?ref=twfhg86d

This post has been edited by season1: Sep 14th 2013, 6:16 PM

--------------------
IPB ImageIPB Image
+Quote Post
JJ22
post Sep 14th 2013, 6:35 PM
Post #5455

QUOTE(season1 @ Sep 14th 2013, 3:59 PM) *

Patrick Abdalla
@YDRSouthpaw
Danielle Bradbery takes the stage at #yorkfair. Look for the story online in a little bit. http://www.tout.com/m/fsudml?ref=twfhg86d

Yep! I knew that was the right song, haha! grin.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Spurrious
post Sep 14th 2013, 6:36 PM
Post #5456

The Voice of Reason

QUOTE(season1 @ Sep 14th 2013, 6:59 PM) *

Patrick Abdalla
@YDRSouthpaw

The arrangement is different ....I like it

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Brad Bery
post Sep 14th 2013, 6:36 PM
Post #5457

QUOTE(season1 @ Sep 14th 2013, 1:35 PM) *

Not necessarily true -- WKML for example is not part of big corporations like Clear Channel or Cumulus. It is owned by Beasley Broadcasting. They added THOD weeks ago and played it on average 5-6 times a week, but I guess it was during hours I'm not tuned in (like overnight maybe).

The only station that added without playing is KNIX (Phoenix), a Clear Channel station that added THOD back in July yet only played it a couple times during that time. For weeks, it has 0 spins, then today, I saw that it gave the song 3 spins recently. Pressure? Maybe it's time to play more THOD according to Clear Channel directives?

Then there's the case of KILT and KKBQ - her hometown stations? A month ago, they were playing THOD 40-50 times a week, but the last couple of weeks, they just played it 28-35 times, causing THOD to lose a lot of Audience last week. Was that the stations' decision or corporate? KILT is CBS Radio while KKBQ is Cox; KILT plays the song more than KKBQ.

Who decides to add? That's still not clear -- some PDs (program directors) claim their hands are tied, that even though they like a song, HQ dictates what would be part of their playlist. Yet you see some adds that seem to be not in line with HQ actions (like WFMS back in July, a Cumulus station that played the song enough times so it was auto-added). Then you have the "every hour on the hour" deals that some artists get on Clear Channel or Cumulus -- playing the song often even without the adds. Like what happened with Luke Bryan's latest single and the Keith/Miranda duet.

Speaking of Cumulus, several Cumulus stations played the song without adding last week... corporate decision or individual stations just starting to like the song? Who knows and I don't really care, but it's good that they're playing the song more original.gif

That's interesting, thanks. Wow "every hour on the hour" would certainly boost sales! Lets go with one of those. Lol

--------------------
+Quote Post
season1
post Sep 14th 2013, 6:56 PM
Post #5458

QUOTE(JJ22 @ Sep 14th 2013, 6:35 PM) *

Yep! I knew that was the right song, haha! grin.gif

Yup, great research! thumbsup.gif Too bad some people chose to just swipe info off someone else's research without credit rolleyes.gif I wonder how long after we share the full song here would it show up somewhere else? whistling.gif shifty.gif

QUOTE(Spurrious @ Sep 14th 2013, 6:36 PM) *

When I saw the video of that song the other day, I thought the song was okay. But hearing Danielle sing the first line, I thought it's a great song! Am I officially a stan now? haha.gif

QUOTE(dbdn @ Sep 14th 2013, 6:36 PM) *

That's interesting, thanks. Wow "every hour on the hour" would certainly boost sales! Lets go with one of those. Lol

It's a double-edge sword. It can boost sales by introducing the song to as many people as possible in a short time. But it can also speed up the burn rate or how fast audiences would get tired of the song... Take Luke Bryan's stupid song for example -- it was releases to radio a couple weeks ago and I'm already tired of it stuart.gif

This post has been edited by season1: Sep 14th 2013, 6:56 PM

--------------------
IPB ImageIPB Image
+Quote Post
xGMANx
post Sep 14th 2013, 7:02 PM
Post #5459

QUOTE(Spurrious @ Sep 14th 2013, 7:36 PM) *

Is it me, that this songs arrangement and her vocal, has a Taylor Swift kind of vibe to it?

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Brad Bery
post Sep 14th 2013, 7:27 PM
Post #5460

QUOTE(xGMANx @ Sep 13th 2013, 9:11 PM) *

Watch "Danielle Bradbery- More Like Her (Live)" Fm106.1 Milwaukee Country
Best version yet. The sound is AMAZING

Very nice. You can hear the song evolving. They added harmonies, and Ben is playing some nice runs on the guitar. It has a different over all feel too. It's a little more Danielle and a little less like Miranda. Beautiful!

--------------------
+Quote Post

1084 Pages V « < 271 272 273 274 275 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
11 User(s) are reading this topic (11 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 81 Time is now: Oct 25th 2014, 5:09 AM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: SirLinksalot: Clay Aiken | Celebrity Spider: Clay Aiken