Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's Clay Aiken Fan Discussion Forums - News, Tours, Events, Photos & Message Board
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

93 Pages V « < 88 89 90 91 92 > »    ( Goto last unread Go to first unread post )
( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Lay Out Your Best Paths to Republican Nomination and/or General Election Win
Famousgrl
post Mar 30th 2012, 6:53 PM
Post #1781

Group: Members

Fav. AI1: Tamyra Gray
Fav. AI5: Elliott Yamin
Fav. SYTYCD EVAH: Travis. AI7:Johns

LMAO, holy sh*t!!! Russian newspaper edtiorialists really don't pull any punches, do they?!:
"Exactly at a time when Russia and the USA are finding that they have far more in common than differences, exactly when they see that they are much more friends than foes, when they see that there is so much to be gained through collaboration, a foul-mouthed, big-headed oaf like Romney with more money than sense makes a comment that reveals who he really is to the world: a pea-brained, pith-headed simpleton with too much testosterone and too little common sense, with zero tact, no diplomacy and a paramount grasp on the intricacies of world politics. A prize, good-for-nothing ignoramus," writes Pravda.

lmao.gif I literally made the "Omg" face when I read this.

For those who don't know, this was in response to Romney calling Russia our number one geopolitical foe. This isn't a million years ago, Mitt.

This post has been edited by Famousgrl: Mar 30th 2012, 6:56 PM

--------------------
IPB Image
Set: Katie*iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiYes. we. can.iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiObama IDF thread.
iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiKatie* is the bestest.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Mar 30th 2012, 6:53 PM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

Famousgrl
post Mar 31st 2012, 1:20 AM
Post #1782

LOL, Stormy, here's Howard Stern interviewing a landlord who rents to an abortion provider.

This lengths these anti-abortion peeps went to...you've got to hear.

But also, lol@the way Howard gets all riled up, defending abortion. "I want retroactive abortion!!!":

http://tinyurl.com/6tsrkhb

--------------------
IPB Image
Set: Katie*iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiYes. we. can.iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiObama IDF thread.
iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiKatie* is the bestest.
+Quote Post
bumnummies
post Mar 31st 2012, 8:27 AM
Post #1783

Group: Blend Artists

QUOTE(Famousgrl @ Mar 30th 2012, 5:34 PM) *

I think it goes without saying that part-timers don't get health insurance. Which is unfortunate, because many part-time workers would love more hours, but companies are doing everything they can to make people "part-time" workers, so they don't get full benefits.

There are also many people working two part time jobs, because they can't get one full-time one. They're working just as hard, and just as many hours as those with full-time jobs, so it's a disgrace that they can't get things like health care. You especially see older people more and more having to work two part-time jobs, because they get laid off of their full-time job, and there are no other options. No one wants to hire an old person. And these are exactly the type of people who most can't afford to lose their health care!!!

yes.gif Story of everyone's life it seems. That's exactly why our company puts caps on the amount of hours part-timers can work sad.gif And why they hire so many junior people for the bigger departments. sad.gif

YESSSS OMG yes. I frigging hate this "two job" business just because you can't get a full time job. sad.gif heck, I still don't have full time work so I'm considering selling fashion accessories out of my house/online as a means of bringing in extra income, and that definitely wouldn't be earning me my health care benefits if I were in the states! LOL @ "no one wants to hire an old person" it's true though. sad.gif Except for part-time places like Wal-mart, grocery stores.... tongue.gif I keep joking to my dad he's gonna have to get his own french fry truck or something if his company closes 'cause there's no way he's gonna get another job that pays anywhere close to what he gets now otherwise. He MIGHT get hired for another manufacturing or warehouse job, but most of them only pay like, $12 an hour up here... that's $10 less than what he takes home now. And there are jobs like Toyota which pay a lot more, but trust me when I say they only hire young people (mostly young guys). Not many over 40 anyways, that's for sure. We also joked we'd have to buy "Just For Men" for my dad 'cause he's so grey - but it'd have to be the "Touch of Grey" kind otherwise it wouldn't look believable LOL.

This post has been edited by bumnummies: Mar 31st 2012, 8:26 AM

--------------------
MY NAME IS JENN. | COME VISIT ME ON TUMBLR OK? | or TWITTER | VERSION: COLCHELE.
IPB Image
| GLEE: Rachel. Kurt. Blaine. Tina. Santana. Sam. Brittany. And Everyone Else. :) | OH and I make stuff: REDBUBBLE |
+Quote Post
*Laci
post Mar 31st 2012, 10:18 AM
Post #1784

Fav. AI1: Kelly Clarkson
Fav. AI7: Michael Johns

QUOTE(Famousgrl @ Mar 30th 2012, 5:08 PM) *

What do you all think of Susana Martinez getting the VP nomination?

To be honest, I don't know much about her, but if you say that she is less extreme than Rubio-that could be a good thing. Then again, having a teaparty supporter on Romney's ticket might actually help him. (as much as I loathe the tea party.) ph34rwave.gif Since most republicans view him as too moderate. I do think it's smart for him to have a latino/minority on his ticket. I hate to make it a racial issue..but I do feel that he will need all the help he can get when it comes to independent/youth/minority votes that Obama most likely has. I just wish we could get this over with...it's getting pretty humorous. tongue.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
Blend made by me :) Idol 13: TEAM NO Avatar: Raphy
+Quote Post
Famousgrl
post Mar 31st 2012, 1:33 PM
Post #1785

QUOTE(bumnummies @ Mar 31st 2012, 9:27 AM) *

yes.gif Story of everyone's life it seems. That's exactly why our company puts caps on the amount of hours part-timers can work sad.gif And why they hire so many junior people for the bigger departments. sad.gif

YESSSS OMG yes. I frigging hate this "two job" business just because you can't get a full time job. sad.gif heck, I still don't have full time work so I'm considering selling fashion accessories out of my house/online as a means of bringing in extra income, and that definitely wouldn't be earning me my health care benefits if I were in the states! LOL @ "no one wants to hire an old person" it's true though. sad.gif Except for part-time places like Wal-mart, grocery stores.... tongue.gif I keep joking to my dad he's gonna have to get his own french fry truck or something if his company closes 'cause there's no way he's gonna get another job that pays anywhere close to what he gets now otherwise. He MIGHT get hired for another manufacturing or warehouse job, but most of them only pay like, $12 an hour up here... that's $10 less than what he takes home now. And there are jobs like Toyota which pay a lot more, but trust me when I say they only hire young people (mostly young guys). Not many over 40 anyways, that's for sure. We also joked we'd have to buy "Just For Men" for my dad 'cause he's so grey - but it'd have to be the "Touch of Grey" kind otherwise it wouldn't look believable LOL.

yes.gif

It's so true. Unfortunately older people have a very hard time getting the salary they've worked up to when they get laid off. And yeah@only crappy places hiring older people. That's part of my point. It's so depressing.

True about having to die his hair. It's not a joke, it's true!

QUOTE(*Laci @ Mar 31st 2012, 11:18 AM) *

To be honest, I don't know much about her, but if you say that she is less extreme than Rubio-that could be a good thing. Then again, having a teaparty supporter on Romney's ticket might actually help him. (as much as I loathe the tea party.) ph34rwave.gif Since most republicans view him as too moderate. I do think it's smart for him to have a latino/minority on his ticket. I hate to make it a racial issue..but I do feel that he will need all the help he can get when it comes to independent/youth/minority votes that Obama most likely has.

I just wish we could get this over with...it's getting pretty humorous. tongue.gif

Well, she is as teapartyish, I think. I just get the feeling people know it a little less with her. Rubio is a tea party darling, so it's more blatant.

Don't worry, it will be over soon. If I'm not mistaken, the states in April favor Romney quite a bit. I think Santorum will end up dropping out soonish.

This post has been edited by Famousgrl: Mar 31st 2012, 1:41 PM

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Steven
post Apr 10th 2012, 1:04 PM
Post #1786

Plant your hope with good seeds
Group Icon

Group: Neurox Media Moderators

Fav. AI6: Jordin Sparks
Fav. AI13: Jena Irene
Fav. Team: The Yankees

Santorum is about to suspend his campaign.Good riddance you piece of trash.

--------------------
Teams: Yankees, Devils, Giants || Music: A7X, Mumford & Sons, Springsteen, Bruno Mars, Drake || Budlime IPB Image
IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image
IPB Image Icons: Yankees, Hunger Games, French Fries, Jennifer Lawrence, Pokemon || AI12: Angie, Kree, Amber, JanelleIPB Image
+Quote Post
Drew
post Apr 10th 2012, 4:30 PM
Post #1787

Fav. AI12: Angie Miller
Fav. AI13: Sam Woolf
Fav. Oz Idol: Anthony Callea

That was the right decision for sure. He didn't want to get trounced in his home state, effectively ending any chance of a future bid.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
*Laci
post Apr 10th 2012, 4:34 PM
Post #1788

Oh Happy Day! bobo.gif

tongue.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
RWG
post Apr 11th 2012, 12:34 AM
Post #1789

Thank goodness we don't have to listen to Rick Santorum anymore. The way he stands there with the "freedom" banner on his podium while ripping people who make perfectly legal choices on moral grounds is a joke. He doesn't understand the first thing about tolerance and could never lead a country like America. Republicans should stop talking what he could do in 2016 or 2020 and start wondering what he could have done in the seventeenth century. He is exactly the social side of what the Republicans have to throw under the bus if they want to win the big tent or whatever it's called back.

And unbelievable that Newt's still kickin'. Though if you have to say anything about him, that really is a guy who loves what he does.

--------------------
I'm not superstitious... but I am a little stitious
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Darian
post Apr 11th 2012, 3:11 AM
Post #1790

Fav. AI7: David Archuleta
Fav. AI11: Colton Dixon
Fav. AI13: Jena Irene

Don't be surprised if we have to deal with him in four more years, it seems like the runner-up in the GOP primaries always comes back to take the nomination next time. (Just look at Mitt, McCain, Bush Sr..etc) At least this allows for the general election to finally officially begin.

--------------------
+Quote Post
totes4totes
post Apr 12th 2012, 1:57 AM
Post #1791

Fav. SYTYCDA2: Talia Fowler
Fav. SYTYCDC2: Jayme Rae Dailey
Fav. Movie: Star Wars V

Ugh I was hoping that Santorum was going to drag out the election until at least May and hopefully June. It would have driven Romney so far right that he would have had no chance at winning the moderates. I actually would have been happy with a Santorum nomination because there would have been no way that he could win against Obama. Romney stands more of a chance, but Republicans aren't too fond of Romney. He is just the best of a bad situation.

And I feel that there is, right now, a lot riding on the Supreme Court's decision on Obama's Health Care Act (which honestly shouldn't even be an issue...it is ridiculous that it is 2012 and we are still fighting for socialized healthcare in a first world country).

--------------------
+Quote Post
*Laci
post Apr 16th 2012, 8:26 AM
Post #1792

I really don't want to start a new topic, but I thought y'all might could help. I have to write a paper in my spanish class. The topic I chose was Hispanics/Latino's in politics. I'm going to explain how I think it is good that they are being represented by governmental positions. Some of the reasons I have are, 1. The hispanic population is increasing, 2. Illegal Immigration could decrease. 3. The United States needs to continue to live be it's "melting pot" ideals and the standards of our founding fathers.

My teacher also said that I could show the negative side too.

Basically, does anyone have anything more to add? I was going to mention Rubio & Jan Brewer. Any other hispanics that have an important gov. position?

I'll take any kind of input. I'm just having trouble putting it all together.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
RWG
post Apr 16th 2012, 11:57 AM
Post #1793

QUOTE(*Laci @ Apr 16th 2012, 6:26 AM) *

I really don't want to start a new topic, but I thought y'all might could help. I have to write a paper in my spanish class. The topic I chose was Hispanics/Latino's in politics. I'm going to explain how I think it is good that they are being represented by governmental positions. Some of the reasons I have are, 1. The hispanic population is increasing, 2. Illegal Immigration could decrease. 3. The United States needs to continue to live be it's "melting pot" ideals and the standards of our founding fathers.
My teacher also said that I could show the negative side too.
Basically, does anyone have anything more to add? I was going to mention Rubio & Jan Brewer. Any other hispanics that have an important gov. position?

I'll take any kind of input. I'm just having trouble putting it all together.

I don't know the topic that well, but you could bring up Supreme Court Justice Sonia Sotomayor, whom conservative media has accused of "reverse racism."

--------------------
+Quote Post
totes4totes
post Apr 16th 2012, 12:48 PM
Post #1794

Fav. SYTYCDA2: Talia Fowler
Fav. SYTYCDC2: Jayme Rae Dailey
Fav. Movie: Star Wars V

I would definitely mention Sonia Sotomayor. I don't really know why you would mention Jan Brewer unless it is how white people want to allow for racial profiling in a state with a large population of Hispanic citizens. Hilda Solis is the Secretary of Labor.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Drew
post Apr 16th 2012, 4:14 PM
Post #1795

Fav. AI12: Angie Miller
Fav. AI13: Sam Woolf
Fav. Oz Idol: Anthony Callea

Breaking News! shocked.gif

ST. LOUIS At least one penguin at the St. Louis Zoo appears to be a feisty opponent of Newt Gingrich.

The Republican presidential candidate is sporting a small bandage on his finger after getting nipped by a small penguin during his tour of the zoo on Friday. Gingrich was in St. Louis to speak during the National Rifle Association's annual meeting.

During his visit to the popular zoo in Forest Park, he was treated to a behind-the-scenes visit with two Magellanic penguins. One of them nipped Gingrich on the finger.
Source

roll.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
RWG
post Apr 16th 2012, 7:54 PM
Post #1796

QUOTE(Drew @ Apr 16th 2012, 2:14 PM) *

Breaking News! shocked.gif

Source
roll.gif

lol, Newt.

This post has been edited by RWG: Apr 16th 2012, 7:54 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
RWG
post May 8th 2012, 2:07 AM
Post #1797

Just such a weird, EVIL old fatso. Will be missed.

--------------------
+Quote Post
adamsmo
post May 11th 2012, 11:38 PM
Post #1798

Fav. AI5: Katharine McPhee
Fav. AI8: Kris Allen

QUOTE(RWG @ May 8th 2012, 2:07 AM) *

Just such a weird, EVIL old fatso. Will be missed.

Just evil. "Old" and "fatso" almost make him endearing. The man is a sociopath.

--------------------
http://www.catsthatlooklikehitler.com/

is you very anti-abortions because you yourself was aborted?
+Quote Post
Famousgrl
post Jun 10th 2012, 7:52 PM
Post #1799

From the Mitt Romney thread:
QUOTE(Drew @ Jun 10th 2012, 11:59 AM) *

This to me is the most important issue of our time, not our crushing debt. The fact that after Citizens United, you can give unlimited donations. The influence of money in our politics needs to be addressed. sad.gif

QUOTE(Famousgrl @ Jun 10th 2012, 8:32 PM) *

I agree. I'm gonna post something in another thread, because I don't want to sidetrack this one. I'll do it in the "Lay Out Your Path.." thread. It's some charts about the influence of outside spending on this election. It's some crazy difference between '08 and '12 already, and more importantly, the difference between the negative spending is astounding.

In '08 most of the outside spending was positive, pro-candidate stuff. Now, it's almost entirely negative, anti-candidate stuff.

QUOTE(Drew @ Jun 10th 2012, 8:36 PM) *

Regardless of how anyone feels about the candidate, why would any of us consider contributing, when we know one wealthy person could outspend us by 100:1 or much more? This is the kind of stuff that makes the average citizen feel so disconnected from the entire process.

Here is what I wanted to post. I can't find just the charts online, so I have to post a clip. It's really interesting, though, so you all should watch. Look for the charts especially:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/46979738/ns/ms...hayes/#47754350 - ETA: Fixed it to the right link

I agree with Drew that it doesn't matter which candidate you support, it's terrible. I agree that it makes donating feel worthless (though I know we shouldn't feel that way...it's never better to just lay down and not fight), but more importantly, it makes elections in general feel worthless. Like what's the point of going back and forth on issues and things like that, when you know at the end of the day, it's not gonna matter anyway. It's not what's gonna be driving elections anymore.

Big money already had too much influence on politics, but now it's just insane.

Btw, someone on that show (not in this clip, though) made a good point. They said everyone focuses on how the WI voters said they disliked the idea of a recall, but no one says why. First of all, I'm against it too. I think it gets too crazy when you just whip it out whenever you want. So I'm sure there are many who naturally agree with me on this too.

However, as that person pointed out, Scott Walker spent, literally, $30 million advertising THAT very message from November to May with outside money. That literally was what his message was. Just that the idea of a recall is bad. And Dems didn't make a counter-point. So anyway, people talk about the thought process behind the result, but they don't talk about how much money ended up influencing that thought process.

Also, people talk about the midterm elections in 2010, but they also forget that it was after the Citizens United ruling! I'm not saying Dems would have won a lot anyway, but money certainly compounded to the losses.

$120 million outside money was spent on the '08 congressional races. $280 million outside money was spent on the '10 congressional races:
http://www.demos.org/data-byte/outside-spe...citizens-united

The Citizens United ruling literally caused over a 225% spike in outside money!

This post has been edited by Famousgrl: Jun 10th 2012, 8:15 PM

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Famousgrl
post Jun 10th 2012, 8:10 PM
Post #1800

I edited the correct video clip in. The last one wasn't the correct one.

Here's the correct one (I'll just post it again here too):
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/46979738/ns/ms...hayes/#47754350

The charts are at the 8:29 to 9:00 mark. The whole clip is interesting, though.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post

93 Pages V « < 88 89 90 91 92 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 81 Time is now: Jul 30th 2014, 8:16 PM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: SirLinksalot: Clay Aiken | Celebrity Spider: Clay Aiken