Group: Neurox Media Administrators
Fav. AI7: David Cook
Fav. SYTYCD6: Kathryn McCormick
|Forum RulesMember Conduct & Etiquette
- No flaming or name calling. Be respectful of other posters. This rule applies to posts made on the open board, as well as to Private Messages (PM's) sent to fellow members. Flaming, name calling, harassment in any form will absolutely not be tolerated. This type of conduct can and will result in temporary suspension or permanent suspension. Each individual situation will be dealt with accordingly. Flaming or name calling of (past/current/future) contestants is also not allowed as it is sure to result in arguments/fights between board members. Any such violation will be evaluated case by case and will also be dealt with accordingly.
- We do not allow the use of direct profanity on the forums. The use of abbreviations such as "wtf" will most likely not get you banned but use your common sense. This includes posting of graphics with profanity in the text or links that direct others to material containing profanity in any form (ie. video, audio, graphics, etc.)
- Derogatory terms are not allowed especially those used to address a person's race, ethnicity, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation or disability.
- All posts should be PG-13. Mature conversations such as sex, masturbation, etc. do not belong on this board as this is a family message board. This includes all posts in "After Dark" threads.
*Note* - The exception to this rule is when the question/subject is of a sincere concern. The question must be stated in appropriate context (no slang nor profanity will be allowed) and any answers must be appropriate as well. Questions must also be relevant and not posted for the mere sake of joking around/playing/mocking/annoying others. These questions can be asked in the "Soap Box" Section of IDF. Keep in mind that any topics or posts containing graphic content/language, that are inappropriate or do not follow the rules will be edited or deleted and depending on the severity of the content, the member will be dealt with accordingly.
- No excessive post spamming inside forums. This applies to all forums/all sections. Any such messages will be removed at the discretion of either a forum moderator or administrator.
- No SHOUTING. Itís just plain rude and annoying. Typing in ALL CAPS may result in your post being deleted. Same applies for AlTeRnAcApS.
- Post to the correct forum and only that forum. Do not post the same thread in more than one forum even if it pertains to more than one. This is known as cross-posting.
- All milestones topics (ie: topics congratulating a person for achieving a certain post count) must be created in the Games & Chatter forum. Topics of this nature created anywhere else will be moved. An exception for this is aikenforums.com where milestone topics can be created in Clay Off-topic.
- Posts should be in English only. Non-English posts may be removed.
- Neurox Media and its staff are under no obligation to moderate or police these forums. Non-enforcement or failure of strict enforcement of the rules outlined on this page should not be construed as a waiver of rights by Neurox Media. We will moderate only when deemed necessary and at our sole discretion.
- Neurox Media reserves the right to perform any action which includes, but is not limited to: moving, closing, editing or deleting of any posting, profile, avatar and/or signature for any reason whatsoever at our sole discretion, without prior notification or explanation to the user. Consequently, moderators reserve the right to suspend/ban any user for posts they feel do not comply with the forum rules. Keep your posts in line and you'll be fine. Moderators reserve the right to suspend/ban any user for not complying with the forum rules.
- Please be respectful when interacting with our forum moderators and administrators. They all work to make this a better place for free. Abusive posts directed toward any moderator or administrator will result in severe consequences to the poster.
- Moderation actions are not up for debate or public scrutiny. Any topics or posts intended to question moderator actions (whether justified or not) will be closed/deleted and the member will be dealt with severely, usually leading up to suspension or removal from the boards permanently.
If you have a question/problem regarding a moderator action, the proper process is to send that moderator a Private Message (PM) in a respectful and non-demanding/non-threatening tone. Abusive PM's sent to moderators will result in severe consequences to the sender. If you cannot reason with a moderator, please contact an administrator. Do not contact an administrator unless you have first attempted to resolve the matter with the moderator.
- Do not involve yourself in arguments or flaming threads with other members. Opinions will inevitably vary amongst the member population on these boards. If you end up saying something you shouldn't have, we'll have no choice but be forced to suspend/remove you. Many previously banned members have come to regret what they have said in these situations and there is nothing we can do for them after the fact. If you see others bashing/fighting, report the post to us, do not let your emotions consume you. Do not involve yourself and risk your account.
Copyright, Advertising, Slander/Libel, Linking & Other Legal Matters
- Each forums member is limited to one account/username/alias, unless otherwise authorized by a Neurox Media Administrator. Creating multiple accounts will result in all accounts being permanently suspended. All of our boards: idolforums.com and aikenforums.com both share the same database, so there is no need to register additional accounts for each board.
- Creating additional accounts while under suspension or under review will automatically result in all accounts being banned permanently, even if you're later discovered to be not at fault.
- Do not impersonate other individuals or falsely represent yourself, doing so will result in permanent suspension. Do not create multiple accounts for the purpose of impersonating others or misrepresenting yourself, doing so will also result in permanent suspension, in addition, all accounts belonging to any individual doing so will be permanently suspended.
- Do not post messages for members that have been banned, the same goes for members that have been suspended. Any messages posted for banned/suspended members will be deleted and the member that posted the message will be dealt with accordingly.
- Do not post personal information (i.e. addresses, phone numbers, passwords, or any other private information) without the express permission of the individual.
- Observe all copyright laws when posting copyrighted material. If the material does not belong to you, do not post the full article/text. Post only the introductory paragraph then credit the source/author and link to the article.
- Only advertise your website in the Shameless Self-Promotion forum. We allow the advertisement of non-profit websites only. You may place a small (font size 2 or smaller) link to your website in your signature. We do not allow advertising links in a signature image. Exceptions to this rule will be granted on a case-by-case basis.
- Do not spam or send unsolicited emails or Private Messages to other members. We will enforce the United States CAN-SPAM Act of 2004 against spamming of our users. Any spam received will be forwarded to the proper authorities and may result in severe civil liability up to and including criminal prosecution. If you are a minor, a parent/guardian will generally be liable.
- Do not post pornography or links to pornography or obscene materials of any form here.
- No posting, PM'ing or linking of pyramid schemes, chain letters or hit/tag games.
- Do not post direct links to any illegal materials, including but not limited to: illegal software, viruses, worms, trojans, spyware, unauthorized music or video files, etc.
- Do not post slanderous, libelous, or other untrue statements about anyone on these boards. Neurox Media do not monitor these boards closely for such content and we hereby disclaim all liability associated with these types of postings on our board.
If you feel someone has made false statements about you that do not fall under "fair comment", please use the "Report Post" feature to report these posts to us. Members posting such materials may face criminal prosecution. If you are a minor, a parent/guardian will generally be liable.
- All posts are owned by its author. By posting or providing content to this board, you grant Neurox Media permission to 1) use, copy, distribute, transmit, publicly display, publicly perform, reproduce, edit, modify, translate and reformat your content, and (2) sublicense these rights, to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law. Neurox Media will not pay you for your content. For each content posted, you represent that you have all rights necessary for you to make the grants in this section.
- Neurox Media may modify and amend to these rules and terms at any time without prior notice. We will make efforts to make new changes known, but it is your responsibility to periodically check for updates.
Make sure your signature meets our Signature & Avatar Rules
Please obey the rules.
Neurox Media Administration